2013-09-05

REFOCUSING



Ajie and I have been together since 1999 and last year we finally got married. This year we moved to our first real mutual apartment in Munich. This gives me a new reason to start blogging again.

This blog has been around since 2010. There were some side projects like the 365 days photoblog and it was a lot of fun, but there always came a point in time where I didn't feel like writing anymore, where posting felt more like an obligation. Blogging for me has been like a spark of a firework that dies after a while. So this is not the first rebirth of Rekutopia, and it probably won't be the last.

This time, though, I'm determined to capture better memories, especially of the city we are living in. I lived for six years in Berlin, but eventhough I loved the city, I didn't explore it enough and regret it to this day. This mistake should not be repeated in Munich.

I've also started using Instagram a while ago, which makes it so much easier to document little things in life that might otherwise be forgotten.



Now that the motivation is clearly stated here, I'll be start blogging (again) soon with the usual themes - impressions of our home, our surroundings and our activities, food, music, things I create and the occasional links to the stuff I like. No promises that I'll do a regular update, but you'll be hearing from me (and from us) soon.



That being said - wish me luck!

Our wedding pictures taken by susilo photowerk (top) and courtesy of @romanleicht (middle, bottom).

No comments:

Post a Comment